Monday, August 17, 2009

...movie matinee

It is now so rare that a movie comes out that I care to see.
I am a 'foodie'....hundreds of cookbooks, a collection of books about food/chefs...I love to buy food, cook it, eat it!
So...I saw Julia & Julie.

I liked it, but I think I would have enjoyed it much more had it been a biography of Julia Child's life and her cooking her way through it!

...continuing in my post Bday week, I asked the ticket attendent if the senior discount applied to matinees. She told me they apply the whole day through. Well, then...I told her I'd have a senior ticket and then asked if she'd need proof. "No" she replied and I turned to the 'elderly' woman behind me and rhetorically said..."No ????"
My very first senior discount, still the youngest senior? in line and far from looking senior ... I gave the ticket attendant 'my look' over my glasses (some of us are quite good at that look).

The discount, anticlimactic...the day just as good as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment